Tuesday 19 May 2015

Raw Vegan Curry [ With Cauliflower Rice ]

I am back! I haven't posted for a few weeks now. Honestly for a few reasons. First of all because I became slightly obsessed with exercising for a while. I have an extremely addictive personality and sometimes I get so focussed, and crazy into something that I cant stop until I burn out. Not that being focussed is bad by any means, but having such a black and white mentality doesn't do any favours. Luckily I have rained myself back in a little. I have eased off the 'crazyness' and am going a little more steady.
I freaked out about being so open in blogging. Keeping my life locked up inside is a great skill of mine, and so sharing it with the world seemed strange. But I need to let loose and get it out there. I have also just been really, really busy recently. When I think of the actual days of paid work I do, (3 a week) Its clear I have loads of free time. Yet I wake up at 6.30 every morning, go to bed about midnight and don't seem to ever stop. I love being busy. I think I on purposely have started to fill my days with endless activities to keep my mind occupied.
SOOO I have plenty to update. Food wise,  I have quite a few recipes which I will be uploading in the next couple of weeks. Mainly raw ones - I have taken a huge step now into raw foods and my creativity for new meal ideas is on overload right now.
Non food wise, I have also been a busy bee. I have competed in a pageant, built up some  body muscles, had a birthday and eaten out at a good few vegan restaurants. Again all to be blogged about shortly.
I have realised that you never know what is going to happen in life. That you cant plan, or predict or trust what the future will bring. If a year ago I could see what my life was like now, I wouldn't believe it. Life has changed so much. Both in good and bad ways. I like the person I have become, and I love the person who helped me become it. I have learnt to start to love myself for who I am, and gain confidence, and actually just live each day as it comes for myself.  I have made some incredible friends, lost a few incredible ones, and felt helpless in trying to help some others. Life isn't fair. There are some awful, nasty people out there but all you can do is be the best you can and fight your corner with every ounce of strength in your mind and body.  And in order to do that you need to fuel your body with clean, powerful, nutritious foods.
Talking of foooood! I invented a delicious raw curry tonight with Cauliflower rice. I am not a huge curry fan and wasn't too sure how it would turn out, but it was so good and exceeded my expectations.

Raw Vegan Curry with Cauliflower Rice
Curry
125g Chestnut mushrooms
1/2 carrot - grated
1 small garlic clove
1 shallot onion - sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper - sliced
1 stick celery - chopped
1 handful fresh mint leaves
4 plum tomatoes
3 tsp cold pressed olive oil
1tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp paprika
1tsp cayenne pepper
salt to taste

Rice
1/2 Cauliflower
To make the curry, add all ingredients to a blender, or magimix. If your blender is not high powered, start by mixing the tougher veggies first, ie celery, carrot, pepper, and then add the rest.
Blend for 5 mins until resembles a curry consistency.
Adjust the cayenne pepper and salt to taste.
The rice is so simple to make. Simply cut the cauliflower into medium sized chunks and then blend for 1 min until fluffy.
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. <3 Emily x